RC Helicopter Maneuver
progression - Sport
to perform the maneuvers on a simulator first until you are
comfortable to the point that you are acting and reacting from instinct
and not "THINKING" about what you are doing with your fingers, but you
are moving the helicopter in the direction YOU want to move it. Realize
that there is always an adjustment to how the simulator feels vs. how
real live helicopter feels. Although not all these maneuvers are
required to be attempted or mastered before I recommend you to advance
to the next stage, it is highly recommended to at least be able to
comfortably perform them on the simulator with precision.
Set up for a collective Pitch Helicopter (any size):
some of the initial maneuvers can be performed with a fixed pitch
helicopter, I recommend this list primarily for collective Pitch
Recommended pitch curve (value of pitch measured at 5 points of the
stick ): -10,-5,0,5,10
Recommended Throttle curve (assuming properly sized pinion) :
yourself for the next level)
- Forward Oval Circuit (both directions.
- Figure 8 circuit, helicopter moving CCW on your
right and CW on your left turning AWAY from you on the ends.
- Figure 8 circuit, helicopter moving CC on your right and
CCW on your left turning TOWARDS you on the ends.
- Shallow Stall turns (pulling up and performing 180 degree
turn at a 45 degree angle)
- Steep Stall turn (pulling up vertical after full throttle
- 540 stall turn (spin 1 1/2 turns in the stall turn)
- Basic Loop
- Axial Roll
- Single or multiple Pirroettes during medium or fast forward
- Pirouetting circle around pilot in the center. (For park
flying, Field Hover area or an area where this is allowed)
- High altitude back or forward flip into a standing hover
for 10-60 seconds at a time.
Video of Sport Maneuvers at youtube