RC Helicopter Maneuver
progression - Intermediate
These maneuvers are for
Collective Pitch helicopters only.
progressing to this stage, the pilot should have mastered or at least
be very comfortable with hovering the helicopter in all orientations
upright (Nose in, sideways, tail in etc).
Inverted and Backwards flight can be learned in either order. Not
nessessarily one before the other.
Flips: (perform starting Tail in, Nose in and sideways)
- Standing Back flip to upright
- Standing Side flip to upright
- 2 Half flips changing direction while inverted (front half
flip to side half flip for example)
- Standing Half Back flip or side flip to Inverted, hold then
flip back to upright.
- Inverted Tail in and Nose in (pick which ever you feel
comfortable with and work on it first) Hold a steady hover
- Inverted sideways and all orientations holding steady hover
- Inverted forward flight Oval or circular circuits
- Slow inverted standing pirroette.
- Inverted Forward Flight Figure 8 circuits (both directions)
- Low altitude Inverted hover (are you comfortable enough to
fly invered within 6' of the ground?)
- Low altituced (less than 20') inverted circuits.
optional forward flight maneuvers
- Pirroetting Circuit in front of pilot
- Backwards upright flight, Oval or circular circuits.
- Backwards flight Figure 8 circuits (both directions)
- Low altitude slow backwards flight.
- Upright & Nose Down Funnels
- Avalanche (Forward flight Loop with a Pirroette at the top)
- Multiple Axial Rolls in succession
- Split S
- Four point Pirroette during Forward fight
- High Arc Tic Tocs