Basic and Generic CCPM Setup
Here is my setup for the Specktrum and a Squadron EXI (1 servo up front
and 2 servos in back):
Bat : Empty
Thro : To volcano Esc
Aile : Back left Servo (bottom)
Elev : Front Servo
Aux (pitch) : Back right Servo (top)
Rud: Gyro input (connector w/ black/red/white wire)
Gear : Gyro gain (single orange wire)
For the servos, the wires are Brown (-), Red (+), Orange (signal)
For the gyro, the input wires are Black (-), Red (+), White (signal)
For the gyro, the gain input is a connector with a single orange wire
the black/brown wires are to be inserted into the AR6200 so that they
are on the outside edge of the Rx. Orange wire from the gain input of
the gyro is on the inside edge lined up w/ the other orange and white
Swash type: 3 servos 120 degree
Servo reversing: (depends on the brand of servos)
Thro,Aile,Elev, Rud are all Normal (Reverse if HXT900's)
Gear and Pitch are both reversed. (Pitch not reversed for
Aile = -50% (bump this to -60% for more roll rate)
Elev = -50% (bump this to -60% for more roll rate)
Pit = +60%
Note, if you have the EXI with 2 servos up front and 1 servo in back,
then the Aile/elev may be +60%
no that depending on the swash servo mounting and your servos, you will
have to play w/ the servo reversing and the swash mix polarity to get
If you don't have a spektrum, here is a generic way to get the servo
reversing and swash mix all set up:
DISCONNECT THE 3 LEASDS
TO YOUR MOTOR BEFORE CONTINUING!
1) Set up 120 degree CCPM in your radio
2) Set all your sub trims to 0, ATV's (servo travel) to 100
Plug in your servos to the channels I described above. If your Rx has
numbers then use what is described in your Radio manual or try this for
Aile (Back Left servo/bottom) = Ch 1
(Aile on the Spektrum)
Elev (Front Servo) = Ch 2 (Elev on the
Pitch (Back Right servo/top) = Ch 6 (Aux
on a Spektrum)
4) Set up your pitch curve in idle up1 or idle up 2 for
5) Switch to idle up 1 or idle up 2 that you set up in the previous
6) Set collective (left) stick to center (50%)
Now, Adjust your servo reversing of the Aile, Elev , Pitch channels
until pushing up on the Collective moves the swash up and pushing down
on the collective moves the swash down.
8) Adjust the Aile mix to +50% or -50% to make the swash follow your
cyclic (right stick). Right stick makes swash tilt right.
Adjust the Elev mix to +50% or -50% to make the swash follow the your
cyclic (right stick). Forward makes the swash tilt forward, back makes
the swash tilt back.
10) If you did step 7 correctly, you likely
don't have to alter the Pitch mix but change it to +50% or -50% so that
moving the cyclic stick UP makes the swash go up.
11) Mix polarity
defines the direction the swash moves w/ the stick. Amount of + or -
mix defines how far the swash moves (like ATV would for a servo). Later
you will make sure that moving the cyclic stick to the corners NEVER
Once you get your swash mix and reversing set up, you need to level the
If you don't have a swash leveling tool the best you can do is to
Try this generic procedure:
(Note: When adjusting linkages, make sure the plastic linkages are held
on by at least 5 turns)
1) Set your idle up to where you have your 0,25,50,75,100 setting.
2) Center your collective stick
3) Adjust the servo arms on the Aile,elev and pitch servos so that they
are as close to 90 degrees to the linkages as possible.
4) Adjust your sub trims on your aile,elev and pitch servos so that the
servo arms are as close to 90 degrees as possible.
5) Adjust the linkages that go from the servo arms to the swash until
the swash is as close to level as possible.
6) Go back and adjust the sub trims until the swash is exactly level
7) With the collective stick still at center, adjust the pitch of each
main blade so that it is at 0 pitch.
Other useful tips: